You may be thinking, “I need to sell my house fast in Southern California.” If you’ve started looking into how to sell a home, you may have come across articles suggesting you declutter, paint, clean, and stage your home. Real estate agents and professionals emphasize the need to prepare your house if you’re hoping to sell it fast.
In this guide, we’ve put together the top three tips from real estate pros on the best ways to prepare your Southern California home for a quick sale. Knock these items off your to-do list to get buyers competing to purchase your SoCal home.
1. Prep the Area Around Your Front Door
When prospective buyers enter your home, the first thing they see should give them a positive first impression. Much of that impression comes from when they walk up to your door. Check if everything in your line of sight is in good condition and is inviting. Here are some points to keep in mind:
- Clean or replace your mailbox.
- Replace the front door mat with a fresh, new one.
- Apply a fresh coat of paint to the front door.
- Buff and shine the locks, nuts, and bolts on the front door.
- Dust off the cobwebs on and around the entry door lights
2. Pressure-Wash the Roof and the Curb
The roof can look weathered in sunny California due to prolonged exposure to UV rays. Dirt and mold also accumulate on the roofs, making them look worn out. If buyers suspect that your roof is leaky or old, they are likely to stay away from your home, as roofs are expensive and time-consuming to repair or replace.
Hire a professional roof cleaner to clean your roof. You can also pressure-wash it to remove dirt and debris if you have the ability. While cleaning the roof, make sure to pressure-wash the curb and driveway to make your property look clean and inviting.
3. Depersonalize and Declutter
If you want to make a quick sale, you need to create a blank space. Well-staged rooms give prospective buyers the appearance of ample space they can decorate according to their preferences. Here are some tips for decluttering and depersonalizing:
- Remove all personal mementos like photos, souvenirs, and trinkets.
- Declutter the space by removing all non-essential items lying around the home, including magazines, clothes, footwear, and more.
- Remove excess clothing from closets and drawers and put it in storage.
- Fold clothes in closets neatly and leave extra space to make closets appear spacious.
- Empty your refrigerator of anything you don’t need. Just keep the essentials and clean it thoroughly.
- Remove excess appliances and dishes from the kitchen. Also, keep the counter clean and empty.
- Remove wind chimes, bird feeders, pet accessories, and other items that make your backyard look cluttered.
The idea is to remove anything that makes your home feel lived-in. A clean slate with simple, attractive staging and landscaping is the best way to appeal to all types of buyers.
Home preparation and staging play a crucial role in determining how fast your home sells. If you’re looking to make a sale quickly, use these three tips to prepare your SoCal home and hook in the best buyers.
If you don’t want to be bothered with preparing and staging your house, consider selling it as-is to cash home buyers in Southern California. When you sell your home for cash, you can skip the tiring prep work and complete the sale within a few days.