Selling a house is a complex and time-consuming process, one that involves jumping through several hoops and hurdles. Even in a thriving market, it could take a few months to sell a house and secure the profits from the sale safely in a bank account. But what if you cannot wait a long time and you need to get rid of your property in just a few weeks? There are options you could pursue, and these options are discussed here:
1. Consider Contacting A Wholesaler:
Wholesalers aren’t direct buyers. Instead, they act as middlemen, acquiring contracts from home-sellers and then selling these to suitable real estate investors.
This is how the process works:
- Wholesalers use their network to look for distressed homeowners.
- Next, these homeowners are contacted and offered way below the market price for their homes.
- If a homeowner agrees, they’ll have to sign a contract which gives the wholesaler the exclusive right to sell the house within a stipulated time.
- If the wholesaler cannot find a buyer, the homeowner is free to walk away from the deal.
- But if an investor is found, the wholesaler sells the contract to the buyer for a profit.
The problem with selling to a wholesaler is that you’re not guaranteed a sale. In other words, the sale is contingent on the wholesaler being able to find a suitable investor. Also, you cannot expect to negotiate a reasonable price for the house, as the price is what determines the wholesaler’s profit margin.
2. Drastically Reduce The Asking Price:
Consider dropping the asking price drastically, i.e. by several thousand dollars. This is especially useful if the house is located in a bad neighborhood. But this strategy only makes sense if the deal is excellent. In other words, if you can get more than what neighboring homes would sell for, consider it a win. But if you’ve dramatically reduced the asking price and it still seems expensive compared to neighboring properties, there’s no reason to do this in the first place.
3. Sell The House To Us:
Consider selling the house to our cash home buyers in Los Angeles, CA. As reputable real estate investors, we promise a quick and stress-free sale. You won’t have to do anything except call us to get an offer.
We buy houses in Los Angeles, as-is, for cash, and in as little as seven days. You don’t have to pay for repairs, worry about realtor commission, or pay for closing formalities.