Does hiring a realtor seem like a costly way to sell your house? Selling a home through FSBO can be tedious, and you might make less than expected. If you’re brainstorming, “How can I sell my house fast in Riverside, CA, without a realtor,” we can help you. Here are a few tips on selling a home without a realtor.
1. Listing and Value Appraisal
- You can list your home on sites like Zillow by choosing the “post your house for sale by owner” option.
- A pre-listing appraisal provides an accurate starting point for pricing your home.
- You can also request an agent to do a CMA by examining comparable properties that have sold recently in your neighborhood. Many realtors do this for free because you’re their potential client.
2. Documentation of Legalities
- Draft a purchase and sale agreement.
- Prepare a deed for the title and legally confirm your ownership.
- Create a list of all needed disclosures for the buyers as per the law.
- Visit local government offices such as the tax assessor’s office or revenue department for documents like tax records, property surveys, and deeds.
- Hire an attorney to review the legal documents.
3. Perfect Negotiation
- Be flexible with the negotiations. Allow the buyer to express their concerns and share yours too. Reach a mutual consensus for a fair price.
- Concessions like escrow fees, transfer tax, buyer’s agent commission, or repair credits can sweeten the deal for buyers.
- Do needed repairs to avoid buyers negotiating based on improper maintenance.
4. Possible Alternates
- Use other methods like posting on social media and buying an FSBO sign to help you better reach interested buyers.
- Post on sites like Facebook Marketplace and Craigslist, which are free and simple.
- Look for a potential buyer in your family or social circle.
- Explore other unconventional options like iBuyers and online marketplaces.
- Sell your home to a cash home buyer in Riverside, CA, for a fair price and close the sale.
It is true that FSBO is a tiresome process and can drag on. But if you work consistently and explore the best options, you can close in a few days.
If you want to avoid the hassles of making repairs, staging, and negotiations, sell your home to Cash 4 Homes, a well-known cash buyer in Southern California. We buy houses in Riverside, CA, as-is in less than 30 days. You don’t have to do any renovations or home staging. Contact us today to get a fast and hassle-free home sale experience.